We are members of the General Federation of Women’s Clubs, one of the largest women’s volunteer organizations in the world. We are committed to the betterment of our communities through volunteerism and the empowerment of women. GFWC volunteers find joy in living and giving.
The General Federation of Women’s Clubs unites the best and brightest of today’s women into a strong coalition that promotes community improvement through volunteer service.
The many benefits of belonging to GFWC include:
- “Strength in Unity.” GFWC members gain a stronger voice in shaping public issues through the combined efforts of women serving at the club, district, state, region, and national levels.
- Support and encouragement. GFWC offers members a network of women with similar interests and concerns. Fun, fellowship, and lasting friendships are a big part of the GFWC experience.
- Leadership training and professional development. Knowledge and experience gained through GFWC volunteer training and community service can help open career doors, enhance a resume, obtain academic credit, or build a new business.
- A varied volunteer menu. GFWC offers many national resources to help clubs plan and create community service projects in the diverse areas of Arts, Education, Conservation, Home Life, International Outreach and Public Issues. GFWC also supports special projects that raise awareness about domestic violence prevention and advocates for children.
- Health and happiness. Studies show that the personal satisfaction that comes from making a positive difference in their communities helps volunteers to live longer, function better, and have lower rates of depression.
Locally, The Heartland Woman's Club is dedicated to serving the Newton and Rockdale communities through volunteerism and donations. Our membership has been growing as we have expanded our vision. With this growth, we have been able to accomplish more, and have a larger impact upon our community. We welcome you with open arms. Please inquire today about how you can become a part of our growing membership. We are always looking for community-based volunteers.
For more information contact our Membership Chairperson, Pam Leader, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Like what you see? It's easy to join just sign up below!